Tell all party leaders including Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his Government that Toronto Businesses need support NOW and until the entire economy, including 100% indoor capacity and international borders are fully open, businesses need COVID financial supports to stay in place.
While the recently announced extension of the Federal wage subsidy until October 23, 2021 is welcome, businesses need to be able to plan long term.
We are calling on all political parties to SAVE SMALL BUSINESSES by immediately and publicly committing to:
- Extend all programs and keep all subsidies at current or increased levels, especially commercial rent and wages, until the entire economy can reopen, including international borders, and all small businesses can once again serve customers in person at 100% capacity.
- Increasing the forgivable portion of CEBA to 50% of the amount received and allowing longer repayment terms past December 2022.
- Making rent paid between non-arm’s length entities eligible for the rent subsidy (CERS), following an approach similar to that of the former rent assistance program (CECRA) and changing the requirement to pay the full rent amount within 60 days following receipt of the subsidy.
- Simplifying the wage subsidy (CEWS) and ensure business owners and their family members working in the business can have some of their dividend income covered.
- Immediately allow new businesses to access CEWS, CERS, CEBA and HASCAP.
Please add your name and call upon all federal candidates including your current MP, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland to make the necessary legislative changes we need to save Toronto businesses, jobs and main streets.